Table of contents:
Admission Requirements & Process
In order to be considered for the Fast Track for the MA in ATEC with Emerging Media Studies, students must have fulfilled the minimum criteria and submit an application.
Applications for Fast Track are accepted each Spring semester for students to matriculate into the program the following Fall. Applications must be submitted no later than the University’s graduate admissions deadline, typically May 1. Student will be notified with application decisions tentatively by mid-June.
The deadline for Fall 2021 Admission into ATEC Fast Track has passed. Check back Spring 2022 for a new round of applications.
- Senior standing at the end of the Spring term (i.e. within 30 hours of graduation);
- At least 36 hours of core curriculum completed;
- Lower division major requirements completed;
- At least 12 hours of upper division major requirements completed or in-progress;
- Grade point average of at least 3.5
- Applicants with an overall GPA between 3.3 and 3.5 who show strong relevant upper division coursework may also be considered.
- Students from any ATEC undergraduate degree plan may apply, but priority will be given to those in the Critical Media Studies concentration.
- Meets the above minimum criteria
- A statement of purpose
- A writing sample, preferably a research paper
- Two letters* of recommendation from faculty with whom you have had at least one course.
- At least one letter should be from faculty in the School of Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication who teach undergraduate and graduate courses. Click here for a list of applicable faculty.
- *These letters are not required at the time of application submission only the names of the two faculty members that will be recommending you. Graduate advisor, Brenda Freeman will reach out to faculty on you behalf upon application review.
- An undergraduate transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable).
The application will be reviewed as part of the ATEC Graduate Studies admissions process, which includes an interview with shortlisted candidates. Applicants chosen will also be subject to approval by the ATEC Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies.