Table of contents:
Concentration and Declaration Overview
All students accepted into the Bachelor of Arts in Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication (ATEC) are placed on the ATEC General concentration. A student must complete either a full year or a full semester depending on how they were admitted; freshman or transfer, respectively. This is designed to assess the skills, abilities, and overall preparedness of students before declaring a concentration, to their Bachelor of Arts in Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication.
Criteria for evaluation include:
- High academic achievement
- Evidence of problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- The ability to express ideas clearly in writing, and
- Satisfactory completion of all parts of the Pathway/Concentration Application
Students eligible to apply for a concentration must:
- If a student began at UT Dallas as a freshman student, they will need to complete two (2) long semesters (Fall/ Spring), preferably including some courses in the School of ATEC.
- If a student began at UT Dallas as a transfer student, they will need to complete one (1) long semester (Fall/ Spring), preferably including some courses in the School of ATEC.
- Be following the Fall 2017 degree plan or later
- Have more than 10 classes remaining to graduate regardless of concentration
- Be in good standing; (2.0+ overall and major GPA)
- See concentration checklists above for specifics on course and grade requirements
General Application Timeline
Week 3: Concentration Information Session
Week 5: Concentration Application Due
Week 8: Students Notified about Application Decisions
Week 10: The schedule for the following semester is released, and Enrollment Dates are Assigned in Orion
Week 12: Registration Begins