Critical Media Studies Concentration Checklist
Spring 2020 Application has been emailed to all eligible students, please check your email.
1. Unofficial transcript (Lastname_Firstname_transcript_Sp20.PDF)
Click on the following link for step by step process on how to download it, https://www.utdallas.edu/registrar/transcripts/unofficial/.
2. Work Sample (Lastname_Firstname_Sample_Sp20.PDF)
Select a sample of your work (creative or research-based) that demonstrates your analysis of, or response to, the technocultural contexts of a media object; for example, a paper, video remix, culture jamming project, blog, digital art, etc.
3. Paper (Lastname_Firstname_Paper_Sp20.PDF)
Choose one paper from those you wrote for Critical Media Research Foundations. Revise it and submit it with your application. If you have not taken this class, you may write a 300-500-word paper that analyzes the larger social, political, economic, or material concerns of a media object.
4. Your favorite meme or .gif (Lastname_Firstname_Sp20)
5. Coursework Requirement – Grade of “B” or better in one of the following:
ATCM 2300 – Introduction to Technoculture
ATCM 2320 – Critical Media Research Foundations
ATCM 2321/ 3395 – Reading Media Critically
ATCM 2322 – Media History
6. A link to any additional work that you would like to include for consideration