The School of Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication offers equipment available for checkout to relevant Staff, Faculty, and only to students that are currently enrolled in ATCM classes. Certain equipment items and studios require additional authorization for use of access.
- REMINDER: Durning the COVID-19 pandemic please remember to be socially distant whenever possible during equipment checkout.
- Equipment is checked out at the ATEC Support Center window located in room ATC 2.302, on a first come first served basis.
- Users must present their current Comet Card in order to check out equipment. Don't have your Comet Card? Click Here to find out how to get one.
- Never exchange or lend equipment that is checked out under your name to others. You will be responsible for any lost or damaged equipment.
- Equipment is checked out for specific durations. See the List of Items for more details.
- Users are responsible for making sure they have returned all the equipment parts and peripherals that are a part of the checkout. We will NOT accept returns if there are missing parts. See the Returns section for more information.
- If you are not sure of equipment settings, or if the equipment appears to be malfunctioning, ask one of the Lab Techs for assistance.
- Equipment will be available for renewel after the checkout duration has ended. Go to the Renewals section for more information.
- Strikes against a User's account will be incured if items are returned late. Strikes result in equipment check out bans. See Late Equipment for details.
- Reservations of equipment and studios can only be done by Staff and Faculty.
- Conference keys that have been reserved through ATECreservation at utdallas.edu are checked out at the Support Center window located in room ATC 2.302.
Available Checkout Equipment
|Type of Equipment||Brand||Model|
|Canon||Vixia HF R10|
|Canon||EOS Rebel T2i|
|Canon||EOS Rebel T3i|
|Sony||1-7-1 Konan Minato-ku|
|Lavaliers for cell phones|
|Tripod mounts for cell phones|
|Wacom drawing tablets|
|Sennheiser||ew 100 G3|
|Xbox one controller|
|Zoom recorder H6|
- Reservations requests are permissible to Staff and Faculty only.
- Reservations take priority over walk-ins.
- Staff and Faculty may appoint a proxy to pick up and/or return equipment on their behalf but only when Lab Techs are notified of the fact in advance.
- Equipment reservations are requested through e-mail to atec_tech at utdallas.edu. Please include the following in the e-mail:
- Whom it is for.
- What it is for, e.g. class, events, etc.
- The equipment desired.
- Date(s) needed.
- Time(s) needed.
- Proxies, if any.
- Need to reserve a Recording Studio? Click Here to find out how.
- Technology Support does NOT manage room reservations. For more information go to https://www.utdallas.edu/atec/about/building/reservations/ or contact ATECreservation@utdallas.edu
- During general hours, equipment is always due 15 minutes before the building closes the same day or next day depending on the allowed checkout period of the item.
- Having another party return equipment instead of the original User is not advised as the individual who originally rented the equipment will be held accountable for any issues or missing parts.
- Users are responsible for making sure they have returned all the equipment parts and peripherals that are a part of the checkout. We will not accept returns if there are missing parts.
- If the equipment item(s) are not returned with all of the parts and peripherals before the due date, the item will be considered late.
- For every day that the item is due, a strike will be given.
- Strikes are equal to a one day check out ban.
- One strike is given for each day that an item is late. See Late Equipment for examples.
- All batteries should be returned fully charged upon return, if possible.
- Holiday Exceptions: If the building is not closed for the holiday, then the equipment will need to be returned as normal. If the building is closed for the holiday, the equipment will need to be returned the following operational day.
- Equipment renewals are allowed but can be refused if the concurrent duration of checkout is overly long (greater than 1 week) or the item is in high demand. Users can call in or e-mail email@example.com to remotely renew equipment.
- Lab Techs will survey the equipment under renewal to ensure everything is in working order.
- Click Here for more information regarding Recording Booth renewals.
- Lockers cannot be renewed. Click Here for more information.
- For every day an item is late a strike will be added to a User's account.
- 1 strike is equal to a 1 day equipment checkout ban.
- Strikes are cumulative and reset at the end of the semester in question.
- If 10+ strikes are accumulated, students are prohibited from checking out equipment for the duration of the semester.
- If equipment is not returned after an accumulation of 10+ strikes, an academic hold will be placed onto the student’s account.
List of Items, Studios, Lockers, and Checkout Periods
Same Day Checkout Duration
- Drawing Tablets
One Day Check Out Duration
- Lav Mics
- Wireless lav mics
Two Day Check Out Duration
- Zoom Recorders
- For more in-depth information on how to checkout a sound booth please visit here
When In the Booth
- A maximum of 2 chairs are allowed at a time; do not pull additional chairs in.
- Equipment must be put back the way it was found and should never be taken out. Nothing should ever be unplugged from the desktop.
- The acoustic shield and pop filter should never be dismantled.
- The booth should never be left unlocked or propped open. Contact the Lab Techs to be let back in.
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside the booths.
- Sound should not be heard outside of the booths.
Lab Tech Office Phone: (972) 883-7515
- There are two recording studios: Playback Studio and the Recording Studio.
- The recording studios are only checked out to Users upon reservation by a Sound Professor.
- Currently due to the COVID-19 pandemic locker rental is not available.