Non-Travel Expense Reimbursement (Business Expenses)
Send an email to ATECSupport@utdallas.edu with the following information:
- A request to use personal funds to make a purchase and be reimbursed - pre-approval is required.
- A description of the requested purchase.
- Cost Center you would like to use.
- Business Justification statement: How does the purchase benefit ATEC/UTD/your research?
- After the purchase has been made, send scans or photos of ITEMIZED receipts (must detail vendor, date, item(s) purchased, total amount, and method of payment used). Do not highlight items on the receipts. If you need reimbursement for only a few items on the receipt, please circle those items with pen or pencil. Credit card statements do not count as receipts and should not be attached to tickets.
- If you are requesting reimbursement for a meal, include names and affiliations of those in attendance. If a meal is part of travel, please see travel expense reimbursement instructions.
Items Generally Not Reimbursed
- Alcohol unless pre-approved
- Texas SalesTax for items (sales tax for meals will be reimbursed)
- Non-itemized or missing receipts
- Over reasonable limit, based on business meal purposes per meal per person
- Over 20% gratuity
- Personal purchases
- Amazon purchases unless pre-approved