Hourly Hiring Process
All hourly student worker positions must be posted by ATEC's Employment Specialist via Handshake. Hiring managers should open a ticket by sending an email to ATECSupport@utdallas.edu with the following details:
- Job Title
- Number of openings
- Start Date
- End Date. Will this position continue through summer?
- Is this a Work Study job or open to all?
- Job description and qualifications
- Hours per week
- Hourly Rate
- Cost Center for payroll
- Job Function. For example, research, administration, customer support
- Number of openings
- List all required documents to be attached or provided. Resume, cover letter, transcript, portfolio, other documents
- Open to Freshman through graduate students?
- Minimum GPA. The default for GPA is 2
- Note if the job is open to all majors or certain majors only
- Who will receive/review the applications?
- Supervisor and timesheet approver
- Would you like a summary of all applicants once the job closes, or, email every time a new student applies?
- Start posting date and End posting date
The posting: Posting the positon will generate a Job Id which should be used on all correspondence.
Postings must remain open for a minimum of five business days, or until 50 applicants have applied. Hiring managers are listed as the contact for postings, and will be responsible for scheduling and conducting interviews.
Once a candidate has been selected, update the ticket with the student name and Net Id. Student Employment will request a background check and provide detailed instructions to the student. After the background check clears, Student Employment will send an Offer Letter with onboarding instructions.The student is eligible to start working after new-hire documents have been completed and submitted to Student Employment and Student Employment has advised the student that they may begin work.
The administrative process following the offer can take 10 business days. ATEC HR will keep the student informed by email.
The payroll deparmtent will create a timesheet and ATEC HR will assign the timesheet approver and provide timesheet instructions to the student. The student worker should record hours worked until their timesheet link becomes available.
updated 8/16/21 md