Welcome to UTD and ATEC, new transfer students!
So you went to Orientation, but you still have questions -- we understand! Below is a list of helpful hints our Advisors and Peer Mentors have created to help answer some of your questions. If you are still having difficulty, please do not hesitate to contact your Advisor or a Peer Mentor.
- What’s my major, exactly? What’s a concentration?
- What classes should I take?
- How do I find the schedule of classes?
- When can I register?
- Error: "Needs Department Consent". How can I find out whether I can take the class?
- I’m confused about all the different words used to describe ATEC classes. What do they all mean?
- What does a typical semester in ATEC look like?
- How do I make a virtual advising appointment with my advisor?
- How can I connect to an Advising Peer Mentor, and what do they do?
- What organizations should I get involved with in ATEC?
- How do I contact Financial Aid?
- What are the deadlines for registering and paying, and when do classes start?
- What office do I talk to about paying?
- How can I update my name and/or gender marker?
- How do I install Microsoft Teams?
- Where can I download Office365 for free?
- What is this Box cloud storage for students I’ve heard about?
- What are the rules for Excessive Hours?