Travelers must submit original itemized receipts and charge slips for reimbursement within 5 business days of returning from a trip. Submission of receipts does not guarantee reimbursement. ATEC requires all receipts to be itemized. Reimbursement for lost receipts is at the discretion of the School of Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, up to the daily maximum reimbursement amount for each meal.
- Note: meals in lieu of conference meals are prohibited
- Transportation (such as Lyft, Uber, taxis, shuttles, etc.)
- Conference registration (registration fees should be paid by the school's OneCard, if possible)
- Rental car refueling charges from the rental company
- Excess baggage charges for personal belongings or additional bags after the first one checked unless it is used for University equipment. (UTD allows reimbursement of 1 checked bag.)
- Kennel expenses for pets
- Any other personal expense items such as cleaning or laundry
- Meals prior to departure or meals in lieu of conference meals
- Purchase of alcohol
- Seat selections or upgrades
- Cell phone charges
- Personal travel
An employee may not receive payment for meals and lodging when the employee is:
- At his/her designated headquarters
- Absent from his/her duty position for personal reasons (i.e., due to illness, family emergency, repairs to a personal automobile, etc.)
- Absent from his/her duties for any reason not connected with official University business, or
- Away from his/her designated headquarters when the travel does not include an overnight stay.
Submission and Approval of Travel Expense Reimbursement
- Please submit receipts within 5 business days of the return travel date.
Provide legible, itemized receipts that include the date of the transaction and payment. This information may be found on separate receipts. Please upload all needed.
When needed, please provide explanations. You may write on the back of the receipt or annotate the scanned copy.
Please do NOT...
Highlight items on receipts.
Staple or tape receipts.
- To expedite the reimbursement process travelers can upload receipts via the open travel ticket in the designated BOX folder created for the specified trip.
- Please provide receipts in date order.
- Actual receipts are required.
- All receipts must be legible, itemized and include the date of the transaction.
- Explanations may be required. You may write on the back of the receipt or provide explanation through the ticketing system.
- A travel voucher worksheet outlining the travel expenses will be provided. Travelers are required to approve the voucher in order for ATEC to submit the request on the traveler's behalf.
- Please allow 7-10 days from the submission date of the requisition for processing.
- Procurement Specialist will notify the traveler via the travel ticket after reimbursement has been approved.
- Traveler is responsible for contacting accounts payable if they do not receive their EFT payment.