To utilize the RoyalRender submission from within Autodesk Maya, you must first set your User Environment Variables. Please follow the instructions below to setup the environment varaibles for your account. You must setup the environment variables once for every computer you wish to utilize RoyalRender with.
- Click the Windows icon in the bottom left of the task bar, then type 'env' into the search bar. Then click on the entry that says: 'Edit the system environment variables’
- From the window that pops up, click ‘Environment Variables…’
- From the User Variables window, click ‘New…’
- Enter the following information into these fields:
- Variable_name: MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH
- Variable_value: \\andy.utdallas.edu\RRender\render_apps\_submitplugins
- Press 'OK'.
- Close all windows and check for royal render plugin in Maya by clicking Windows > Plug-ins