Domestic Travel Requests
Travelers must first send a request to ATEC Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the travel authorization process. In your request, please include the following information:
City and state, and conference name (if applicable)
Detailed explanation of why you are traveling and how it will benefit your research , ATEC, or UTD.
Specify preferred travel times and dates
Web link to conference. (if applicable)
We will send you a travel authorization for your completion.
Travel authorization must be approved by the Dean before any travel arrangements can be made.
Staff will notify you when your travel authorization is approved.
Please send an email to ATECSupport at utdallas.edu for information about International Travel.
We can assist you with the purchase of your registration or you may request to check out the ATEC Dept. OneCard.
The departmental OneCard should be used to pay all registration fees, if possible. If individuals pay registration on their own, reimbursement will not be processed until after the event. The registration receipt must include your name, date of purchase, method of payment and details of what was included in the cost. Please contact us if the conference will not accept credit card payments.
Booking Travel Using Concur (Travel Agency)
We will assist the traveler with the purchase of airline tickets in Concur when the Travel Authorization form is approved. If you have questions, please add them to your original ticket. All airfare must be booked through Concur to comply with the travel policy.
All faculty and staff must have a profile in the Concur travel system in order to book airfare, hotel or rental cars.
First time Concur user instructions:
- Log in to Concur solutions using your UTD Net I.D. and password.
- Complete the employee traveler profile. The account is not usable until the gender and date of birth are entered into the profile.
- Add Charlotte Mason email@example.com to the Assistants and Travel Arrangers section of your concur profile. Please check “yes” that we can book travel for you. (or change your arrangements in case of an emergency)
- Add Charlotte Mason, firstname.lastname@example.org to the Email Addresses section and click on Yes before saving.
Other Airline/Concur information
- There is only a 24-hour period in which to make changes to a hold.
- Credit vouchers for a cancelled flight must be used within one year.
- If a flight is cancelled, the traveler will receive credit for the unused ticket less a penalty fee. Unused tickets can only be used for the same airline and cannot be transferred.
- If adding personal travel to a trip, a flight comparison through Concur is required. The employee is responsible for any additional costs of flights that is more than the lowest fare price available on the days that business travel would normally occur.
Lodging may also be booked through Concur. We can assist with Hotel Reservations upon request. Travelers are responsible for lodging and incidentals upon arrival to the hotel.
Group Travel of more than 9 people should NOT be made using Concur. Please send an email to ATECSupport at utdallas.edu to make group travel arrangements.
Lodging may be booked through Concur (see Hotel/Concur), directly through a conference hotel with the traveler’s personal credit card, or at the request for the Departemental OneCard. We can aslo hold a reservation for lodging for the traveler.
- Lodging rates that are higher than the listed maximum per diem rate on the Travel Authorization form will be reimbursed at the maximum per diem rate unless the hotel is the official conference hotel listed on the conference website.
Car rentals are to be made in Concur. Staff can assist with car rentals upon request